The Blessed Michael McGivney Center for Renewal
The Center is a place of healing and hope for those struggling with mental illness, addiction, and/or trauma. Our outreach mission is to meet our guests where they are and to show God's love in the process.
The Center is open Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Contact our director of Pastoral Outreach, Nicole Plasky, for more information and follow our Facebook page! [email protected] (203) 707-3109 (text)
Jesus said, "I give to you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you should also love one another. This is how all will know that you are my disciples if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35
A day at our center looks something like this:
- A light breakfast with coffee, fresh fruit, bagels, pastry, cereal, etc.
- Prayer Intentions are shared along with a prayer
- Video and discussion (Example: Matthew Kelly presenting on "Becoming the Best version of yourself")
- Case management services (coach, advocate, and assist with linking guests to entitlements, housing, rehabilitation services, substance abuse treatment, employment support, education, etc.)
- Daily groups (coping with anxiety, depression, loneliness, integrity, moral character, virtues, gratitude, well formed conscience, respect of self/respect for others, God given gifts, etc.)
- Bible study, music, and art are also offered weekly as well.
*Speakers (educating our guests on the resources out in the community), testimonials, and those who share their knowledge or wisdom on various topics are welcome here at the center regularly.